Nature Journaling for a Wild Life: Find Yourself in Nature: The Wild Workshop Series Book by Roseann Hanson
By: Roseann Beggy Hanson
Nature Journaling for a Wild Life encapsulates everything I love about nature and about nature journaling—and in a format that I hope makes it easy for you to learn and love this rewarding pastime. And yes, it’s part of a series I’ll be working on called Finding Yourself In Nature: The Wild Workshop Series, with more creative topics such as nature writing, poetry, and more.
Explore the enriching world of nature journaling in an eight-week, self-guided “workshop in a book.”
Find out how journaling nurtures a deeper understanding and love for nature while healing our digitally fractured minds.
Use drawing to learn about nature—the emphasis is on “drawing to learn” not “learning to draw.” And before you know it, your sketching skills will surprise you with how much you improve!
This unique book will teach you to:
Break free from the distracted life;
Learn about nature through mindfulness;
Improve your well-being;
Silence your inner critic and learn to sketch and write about nature.
blank journal pages
quality metal spiral binding with full flip-back capability
hard chipboard back insert for easier writing and sketching practice
eight instructional chapters
eight weekly assignments and progress checklists
four information-rich appendices
tips and templates
removable viewing grid
BONUS: Mini workshop on how to make your own paint from locally collected minerals
NATURE JOURNALING SUPPLIES:
- Roseann Hanson's book, "Nature Journaling for a Wild Life".
- Watercolor Journal ( I will be using blank pages included at end of textbook). Please contact if you are interested in a separate journal and would like suggestions.
- Pen (waterproof) such as MICRON (.15mm, .20mm, .25mm)) or Staetler Pigment LIner (0.05mm, .1,mm .3mm)
- Pencil Mechanical or othertype (Blackwings are nice)
- Travel Paint Set or Art Tool Kit Palettes filled with either Minimal Set or your picks.
- Waterbrush (included in kits below)
If you are looking to try to work in a minimal palette, we have small kits in art toolkit palette sets featuring a magenta, cyan, yellow primary version. We also have a minimal colored pencil set that is handy for field studies.
SUPPLEMENTAL NATURE JOURNALING SUPPLIES (We are working on getting more of these online. They are available in the shop)
- Graphlet Mechanical Pencil .5 mm
- .5 HB Lead
- .5 H Lead
- Kneadable eraser
- Gum eraser (natural alternative to plastic eraser made from rubber)
- KUM Long Point Pencil Sharpener
- Caran D'Ache Non Photo Blue Pencil (set of 2)
- Caran D'Ache PABLO White Pencil
- Caran D'Ache PABLO Black Pencil
- Caran D'Ache Sepia
- Caran D'Ache Blending Stump
- Blackwing Limited Edition Pencil (not shown in photo)
- Small square sandpaper for sharpening stump
- Faber Castelle Water soluble Graphite Pencil HB
- Pentel Water Brush Medium
- Prefounte Fountain Pen (color may vary)
- Carbon Ink Cartridges Pack of 4
- Black Carbon Ink Bottle
- Fountain Pen Ink Converter
- Platinum Pen Cleaner Packet & Dropper
- Measuring Tape
- 6 inch clear Ruler
- Binder Clips 1 ea 1.5 inch and 2 inch
- Clic and Go Water Cup
- Pocket Magnifier with ribbon for wearing around neck
- Opinel Colorama Pocket Knife
- 5 x 9 vinyl mesh waterproof zip bag
We have a few kit options for those interested in one of our specially priced watercolor kits.