Brooklyn Tweed Guernsey Wrap
Fisherman - Inspired Textured Wrap.
Designer: Jared Flood
Textured patterns found on traditional fishermen’s sweaters adorn this simple and practical stole. The knitting is straightforward, accessible to the adventurous beginner. The wrap achieves its generous dimensions and fluid drape through the use of blocking wires, typically used to put knitted lace under tension as it dries to open up the stitch motifs. Wires allow for even stretching of the fabric while maintaining a crisp, straight edge on all sides.
- DK Version: approximately 1160 total yards of DK weight yarn
- Worsted Version: approximately 630 yards of worsted weight wool yarn
- DK Version: 8 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee Wool; 145 yards/50g)
- Worsted Version: 5 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 140 yards/50g)
- Samples photographed in colors Degas (Arbor) and Soot (Shelter)
The pattern comes as a heavy-weight paper booklet. Booklet includes full color photos, pattern schematics, charts, and special technique explanations.
Photos courtesy of Brooklyn Tweed