Brooklyn Tweed Grove
Twisted Stitch Mittens
Inspired by old-growth forests and hinterland thickets, the Grove mittens feature intricate twisted stitches to create a visually engaging relief pattern. Knit stitches are worked through the back loops to create sculptural texture, while twists create mirrored spirals on the cuffs. The wandering vines on the hand do not require cabling, but are instead shaped by carefully-placed yarn overs and decreases. Knit a pair in Arbor to let the stitches sing proudly, or in Shelter for a subdued effect that mimics moss-covered brambles.
- 2 skeins Brooklyn Tweed Arbor (100% American Targhee wool; 145 yards/50 grams)
- Photographed in colors Porter & Heron
- 2 skeins Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100% American Targhee-Columbia Wool; 140 yards/50g)
- Photographed in colors Flannel & Woodsmoke
- 175 total yards of DK weight wool yarn
- 175 total yards of worsted weight wool yarn
The pattern comes as a heavy-weight paper booklet. Booklet includes full color photos, pattern schematics, charts, and special technique explanations.
Photos courtesy of Brooklyn Tweed.